Rochester WideBand Male External Catheter
Rochester WideBand Self Adhering Male External Condom Catheter has a 3-inch wide adhesive area that is 70% wider than traditional self-adhering catheters. The non-sensitizing adhesive provides a reliable bond to the skin for extra confidence and maximum wear time. Also, it features patented forward placement of adhesive to help prevent premature catheter detachment.Why choose Rochester Male External Catheter?
- Odor-free material
- Superior breathability for enhanced comfort and optimal skin integrity
- Adhesive is built into nearly the entire sheath
WideBand Male External Catheter Features
- Adhesive is built into nearly the entire sheath, providing more security without requiring more aggressive adhesive
- Clear sheath for easy visual inspection of skin
- Helps prevent urine migration up the penis shaft, which results in premature removal
- Allows perspiration to evaporate through the sheath
- Designed to keep men dry and comfortable
- Rochester External Catheter reduces moisture build up that may lead to skin maceration
- Kink-resistant design ensures continuous urine flow
- All-silicone material is 100% latex-free, clear and breathable
- Prevents urine build-up around the head of the penis, which results in catheter blow-off
What to buy with Bard External Urinary Catheter?
- Dynarex DynaLube Sterile Lubricating Jelly
- Deluxe Catheter Bag
How to use Rochester Wideband Catheters?Sizing:
Select the proper size. For comfort and effectiveness, choose the size closest to your penis width.
Gather Your Supplies:
You will need a catheter, a collection bag with connecting tube, non-pointed manicure scissors, soap (do not use soaps that leave a cream or residue on the skin), washcloth and towel.
Trim Pubic Hair:
Always wash your hands before beginning. Trim hair on the shaft and base of your penis, and any other pubic hair that might interfere with the adhesive on the catheter.
Cleanse Your Penis:
In order for the catheter adhesive to perform properly, the skin must be clean and very dry. Wash your penis with mild soap and warm water. Be sure to allow the area to dry completely before proceeding.
Application and Positioning:
Place the rolled self-adhering catheter over the penile tip. Slowly and carefully unroll the catheter, leaving just enough space in the funnel end so the tip of your penis does not rub against the inside of the funnel. If uncircumcised, be sure to leave the foreskin in place over the head of the penis.
Squeeze to Set:
Smooth out any wrinkles in the catheter. Gently squeeze the catheter to properly seal it to the skin. Wear time may be significantly reduced if adhesive is not properly sealed.
Note: Too many wrinkles in the catheter may indicate that an inappropriate size has been selected. A smaller catheter may be more effective.
Connect to Leg Bag:
Strap the collection bag to your thigh or calf, depending on your activities and your clothing. Connect one end of the tubing to the catheter and cut the tubing to a comfortable length. Connect the cut end to the leg bag. Always empty your leg bag before it becomes uncomfortably full and pulls on the catheter.
Wear time will vary from user to user. For proper hygiene it is recommended that a male catheter be changed every 24 hours.
Remove the Connections:
Clamp the connecting tube closed before removing the leg bag. Release the leg straps and disconnect the tubing at the top of the bag.
Remove the Catheter:
Gently roll the external catheter forward and off the penis. To help loosen the adhesive prior to removal, apply a warm wet compress (such as a wet washcloth) around the catheter.
Free, priority shipping
Over 1 Million satisfied patients since 1996
90-days of supplies with each order
Provider for Medicare and 500+ private insurance carriers